How-To: Enable Multi-Currency Support in Your Funnels
The Funnel Buildr team is aware that multi-currency support in your funnels has the potential to allow you to sell more widely than ever before. As such, this is phase 1 of our support for multi-currency.
- Your store *must* use Shopify Payments on the storefront for processing credit card charges (as for Phase 1 we're utilizing the Shopify API for handling multi-currency)
- You must specifically enable the Shopify supported currencies that you will accept on your store/in your funnels.
- Australian Dollar
- British Pound
- Canadian Dollar
- Danish Krone
- Hong Kong Dollar
- Japanese Yen
- New Zealand Dollar
- Singapore Dollar
- Swedish Krona
As Shopify adds additional currency support to the above, they will work with Funnel Buildr - you just need to enable them (see below).
Enabling Multi-Currency Support:
1) Go to the Admin panel on your store
2) Click on Settings at the bottom left corner
3) Click on Payment Providers in the settings window
4) Click on the Manage link in-line with the Shopify Payments logo:
5) Scroll down to the Currencies section and click on Add Currencies:
6) Select the currencies that you wish to accept by checking the box next to each one:
7) Click on Add Currencies to save your selection.
8) You will see that Price Rounding is enabled by default. You can read more about Price Rounding for multi-currency here: Shopify Multi-Currency: Price Rounding
9) Once you have finished with the settings on the Shopify side, you can now enable multi-currency support at the funnel level on your funnels in Funnel Buildr.
10) Go into the Funnel Buildr app on your store.
11) Click on the Funnels menu on the left side
12) Edit a funnel that you wish to enable multi-currency support by clicking on the edit button on that funnel's line:
13) In the funnel editor, scroll down to the Enable Multi-Currency setting. To enable multi-currency support for that funnel, change the setting to Yes and then click on Save to save the funnel setting.
14) That funnel will now utilize the Shopify API to display and process sales in your customer's local currency (if supported by Shopify). Note - "local currency" is determined by Geo IP lookup of the customer's browser session. If they are using a VPN or Proxy that changes the IP address your funnel sees for their session, it can affect the currency displayed to that customer.
Disabling Multi-Currency Support on a Funnel:
1) Go into the Funnel Buildr app on your store.
2) Click on the Funnels menu on the left side
3) Edit a funnel that you wish to enable multi-currency support by clicking on the edit button on that funnel's line:
4) In the funnel editor, scroll down to the Enable Multi-Currency setting. To disable multi-currency support for that funnel, change the setting to No and then click on Save to save the funnel setting.
5) That funnel will now no longer offer multi-currency support.
What Will I See on My Shopify Order Panel:
You will see orders displayed in the currency the customer used to pay for their orders. Your payouts from Shopify Payments will be in your store's default payout currency (i.e. it'll be the same currency you get paid out with already):