As of 1/15/2020 Funnel Buildr can now process post-checkout one-click upsells/downsells for Paypal payments even if your Paypal account doesn't have reference transactions!
If you haven't enabled Paypal in Funnel Buildr yet, here is a KB article on how to get things setup: How to Enable Paypal as a Payment Option
How It Works:
- If a customer checks out using Paypal in a Funnel Buildr checkout they will now always see post-checkout upsells/downsells
- If your Paypal account does NOT have reference transactions enabled on it (check with Paypal support if not sure), be sure to have the Funnel Buildr Settings > Checkout > Paypal Reference Transactions setting set to DISABLED:
- If your Paypal account DOES have reference transactions enabled on it, be sure to have the Funnel Buildr Settings > Checkout > Paypal Reference Transactions setting set to ENABLED:
If you have reference transactions enabled:
- Your post-checkout upsells/downsells will be true one-click. If the customer clicks to add an offer to their order, it will automatically be added and the amount charged to them on Paypal will automatically update to include any additional item(s)
If you do NOT have reference transactions enabled:
- When the customer clicks to add an offer to their order a Paypal payment confirmation popup box will be displayed. The customer won't have to log back in to Paypal (if they logged in at checkout):
- The customer will just need to click Pay Now to pay for the item and have it added to their order
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q: Will it show as multiple payments in Paypal?
A: Yes. You will see multiple transactions for the customer.
Q: Since there are multiple transactions, where will all of the Paypal transaction IDs be noted?
A: The additional transaction IDs will be noted in the order notes on the Shopify order.